3 Most Popular Riviera Maya Park Around Playa Del Carmen
You might spend your entire vacation lazily basking in the sun, on the powdery white sands of Riviera Maya's beaches or by enjoying water sports activities such as scuba diving, reef diving, whale shark watching, exploring the underwater museum just to name a few while on your private yacht charter in Playa Del Carmen. When you are ready to enjoy some adventure filled action, then there's no shortage of exhilarating activities on land or on water that you can choose to participate in while visiting some of the region’s fantastic adventure parks and popular water spots.
The unique parks of Riviera with its caves, cenotes (sinkholes) and underground rivers of Riviera Maya along with jungle, mangroves, and beaches provide a spectacular setting for a multitude of active adventures to enjoy while on your charter vacation. Riviera Maya is home to a wide range of fun eco-parks that deliver a ton of exciting activities for everyone. In fact, they’re the most popular attractions in the entire region with millions of visitors every year.
Whether you’re looking for soft or extreme adventure, the below enlisted Riviera Maya’s adventure parks around Playa Del Carmen offer a variety of exciting options, both on land and in water.
1) XCARET PARK – Xcaret Eco-Archaeological Park is one of the biggest and most impressive eco-parks in all of Mexico. The expansive grounds are home to a number of diverse activities, exhibitions, shows and dining options. Xcaret is a paradise which offers the perfect blend of natural beauty and the cultural wealth of the Mexican Caribbean. Include this magnificent park in your private yacht charter Playa Del Carmen itinerary for an unforgettable experience.
• Go snorkeling and admire the colored fish surrounding you.
• Swim with Dolphins & dive into beautiful natural sinkholes.
• Explore the replica of a Mayan village and or walk into a cave full of bats.
• Visit the island of jaguars & whisper your secrets in the House of Whispers.
• Be amazed by the scents and colors in the Living Orchid Museum.
Time Duration: The park is so big that it is next to impossible to tour it entirely, and participate in all its activities in one day. So, make a plan for two days for exploring this park with your group.
2) XPLOR PARK – For those people with an adventurous spirit, Xplor is the most suitable option, as it has everything you need to satisfy your curiosity and hunger for adventure. The fun-filled eco-adventure park that offers up a thrilling zip line course, amphibious all-terrain vehicles, or explore an amazing underwater river. This is a great option for anyone looking to get dirty and have some fun!
• Glide over the treetops by means of its 14 zip lines with a height ranging from 26 feet to 13 feet.
• Drive an amphibious vehicle over circuits along jungle trails, caves, and grottoes.
• Board a raft and row with your own hands to discover an underground river surrounded by stalactites and stalagmites.
• Enjoy exotic combinations of drinks with fresh fruit, coffee, hot chocolate and oatmeal with peanut butter cookies.
• There’s also an evening version called Xplor Fuego which allows guests to experience this thrilling park under the cover of dark.
Time Duration: Approximately 5-8 hours
3) XEL-HA – For one of the best experiences for snorkeling in all of Cancun and the Riviera Maya, Xel-Ha Natural Park – one of the largest parks in the world – is the place to be! Watch hundreds of tropical fish and over 90 marine species inhabiting its cove and explore its cenotes (sinkholes), caves and lagoons fed by the ocean.
• Dive into one of the cenotes, lagoons, caves and aquatic zip lines.
• Play with and watch yellow tail fish, parrot fish, surgeonfish, snapper, sergeant fish, grumpy fish, stingrays, club era snappers, doctor fish
• Go snorkeling in the Xel-Ha River and admire the underwater wonders such as marine turtles and manatees.
• Board an inflatable tire and tour the lush mangroves and the tropical jungle dotted with orchids.
• Visit the apiary of “Maya bees” and learn the traditional Mayan methods of encapsulating the hive inside a hollow trunk.
Time Duration: Approximately 5-8 hours
The main hub of the Riviera Maya region, Playe del Carmen is a natural sanctuary which is located close to these aforesaid unique parks, offering unforgettable experiences along with many others. The parks let you have a complete fun-filled experience and admire everything this Caribbean paradise has to offer. So, next time you plan your yacht charter Playa Del Carmen vacation, do visit these parks to get your adrenaline pumping and have an exhilarating experience!